I got a great idea from Parents as Teachers and wanted to try it out with Ladybug - a super easy DIY sticky game for toddlers.
1) Take a piece of (old) contact paper and place it sticky side out on a flat surface about as high as your child.
2) Learn with him/her about the light items that stick and others that are too heavy.
(her baby was too heavy.)
This wasn't a long game (it lasted about 10-15 minutes) but it was super fun and she enjoyed it thoroughly. I had fun, too, collecting items that wouldn't break but may or may not stick.
A few things to note:
- the contact paper did leave a little residue behind on the widow.
- I wanted to leave it up for about 24 hours but in about 4-5 it had fallen down.
- Jeremy came home and thought it was "art" that we made. I appreciated that thought! :-)
Have a toddler? Try it out! It's fun.