Only one project in the works lately...

5.17.2015

If you've missed me (all 3 of you!), you probably already know the fancy project I've been working on for the last 4 months.

Actually, "mild hyperemesis" is not fancy in any way, but I've been busy trying to do anything I can to help things along in our home. Thanks to lots of friends, play dates, meals and family we survived the worst of it and now we are on to *hopefully* better days. My creative brain has been broken and may only now being revived, but without much extra energy to do any more than is absolutely necessary (read: take care of my child, eat, cook, laundry, etc.), most of my pretty projects are on hold.

But I am halfway through and there is a tiny BOY growing in my belly! I am thankful and excited (albeit nervous - who knows what to do with a boy?!).

Here is a fun comparison of bellies at 20 weeks. I feel enormous compared to the first time around, but seeing the picture doesn't do that feeling any justice. ha!


I finally started back to teaching my piano students (no one fired me, yay!) last week and while I am struggling with fatigue due to pregnancy insomnia and more motion sickness than I had with the girl, I am doing well.

A final note: for the pray-ers in my life, I went into preterm labor with my sweet girl at 24 weeks and was on complete bedrest from week 25-36 with her. This pregnancy has been totally different, but my body may end up doing the same thing. Or, it may not. We are watching things closely with my doctor, but I ask that you pray we don't have to weather almost 3 months of bedrest with an energetic 4 year old this summer ... or with an already weakened prego either. It would be awesome to be able to keep up my strength until October 1.

I'll pop in and out of here in the next few months, but for now, the blog is on hold. I know the world will not be the same without it - ha!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe having a boy will make this easier. Sometimes the difference in hormones matters. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you! So glad to know you are hopefully past the worst. Love and many hugs! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! This time around was about 1/2 as bad as the first time (which is why I was convinced it was a boy from the beginning!) but it was still bad enough - in the hospital and to the ER a couple of times bc of dehydration. Ugh. I am also thankful to be past the worst! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for boys!

    ReplyDelete