{small} star wars themed gift: death star krispies!

7.30.2013

I have 5 piano students these days and I try to celebrate holidays and birthdays with fun little gifts/treats. Asher is the lone boy, and I admit to having issues trying to make piano interesting to an 8-year old boy. I'm not super high-energy or competitive or just amazing with boys in general.

Regardless, he loves a couple of things (Legos, soccer and Star Wars) so, his 8th birthday came last week and I looked up some Star Wars themed party ideas on Pinterest. Some were way too involved (I wasn't throwing a party), and others were just too much.

Finally, I came across "Death Star Krispies"! I actually took that idea and combined it with a silver colored cake pop idea because I couldn't find black food coloring. They were simple, fun and yet personal to him. 







DIY - make a rice krispy treat recipe (crispies, marshmellows and butter), while warm roll death star spheres with wet, not sopping, hands and then roll them in silver cupcake sprinkles to channel "death star" vibes.

Serve on black galaxy plate with a personalized Star Wars perspective text card (Photoshop tutorial HERE).

5 comments:

  1. Adrian is in to Star Wars. It must be an 8 year old thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:21 PM

      No. No. Sadly, it is not an 8 year old thing. My son in law is early 30s and has a man cave dedicated to Star Wars. Their naby shower is that theme.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:22 PM

      Baby shower sorry

      Delete
  2. These are sooo cute! My niece would love to make these, think we just found our new activity :)

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorraine! They ARE fun ... and yummy too! Enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete