My first Pinterest project - done!

2.01.2013

After Christmas decorations come down, the house always seems a little empty. I was thinking about this before I even took things down (we celebrated the 12 days of Christmas this year and I was SO ready to get our house back to its previously less cluttered state, not to mention my sweet 2-year old had ransacked our tree and, alone, it was looking pretty sad). Then I read this post and immediately agreed.

How about something winter that isn't so holiday? Winter wreaths! I was drawn to this one and loved (and pinned!) the idea.

source
I've been going room to room MAJORLY decluttering/simplifying and came across my really soft, really long skinny knit scarf. I debated back and forth and decided that I really did like it, but I didn't really wear it. But, it was one of the few things I put back to decide on later. And boy am I glad I did!

I finally was able to fulfill my *goal* of doing a Pinterest project. Ha! (Good job, Lisa!)


It's not nearly as elegant and chunky and cushy as the white scarf used for the wreath above, but it totally worked for my purposes. It also isn't white (obviously) which would've been more wintry and versatile, but I'm reusing what a can, yes?! It will last through Valentine's day as a pink something and maybe beyond 'til spring - I like color.

I already had a wreath form and had to cover some pokey ends with tape so they didn't snag but while Ladybug was splashing around in the tub, I put this baby together in 5 minutes (yes, seriously, just like the tutorial says). I made a few adjustments, and tied the ends with a clear hair tie.

(Can you see it here?)


And there you have it. 


I asked Jeremy what he thought and he was less impressed than I was. I guess he's not a fan of yarn decorations, so I'll give him that.
Don't worry, love, it won't last forever. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love these Lisa! The pink one is so sweet.

    And I can't wait to shop your etsy store w my prize- hopefully I can do that today! yay!

    ReplyDelete