a "new" craft table

1.22.2013

Before the Market in October, I spotted these white legs in the dumpster outside our townhome. Wa-what?


When I pulled it up, I realized why. But it was just a bit of water damage, couldn't it be redone? Donate it, people! Let someone else put a tablecloth on it. Why does it need to go to the landfill?Ehh ... pet peeve.


So I sanded and sanded some more and got down to where I thought it was good enough to stain and coat. Unfortunately, after I stained it, the large ring (see above pic) still stands out. Otherwise, I think it looks great! I wiped a couple of coats of Minwax Dark Walnut on it and wished I had a garage (for ventilation but no Kansas wind) when I sprayed the Minwax Polyurethane - clear gloss - to top it.  But it turned out fine.

I used it to sit behind at the Market then traded my chunky craft table (got it from CL, resold it there) in for this slightly smaller one.


Here she is!




As Ladybug would say, "Pitty!" I'm pleased.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work! I wish I had more DIY furniture in my home. Maybe some day.
    P.S. Cute tote in the back ground of picture 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Love it! Great work! Annette

    ReplyDelete