Finished nursery linens (Asa's room)

10.05.2012

Remember me talking about the nursery linens this summer? They are finally finished and being featured. Yay!

Before our family vacation, I made a couple of sheets, the crib skirt, and the curtain. (I love naptime.) But add a bumper, pillows and a quilt and an amateur seamstress?? I definitely was in over my head.



So along came my mom and my amazing, soon-to-be SIL, Erin, and they helped save the day. My mom pulled together the bumper and rocking chair pad and Erin and I whipped out the quilt top J&S designed. ("Whipped out" is by no means attributed to the amount of time it took - it was a LOT of work!) Then my mom also finished that off.

Family effort, right?


Don't forget the owl! Jenn says it makes a great back pillow. Hehe.


We pulled together a few re-covered, thrifted pillows in coordinating patterns and colors. Everyone's favorite is the minky, but I love the long yellow one too!


 Look at those cute owls!


Isn't chevron the best?!


And that's that! I won't be taking on a nursery linens project for a long while, but that sweet little guy was totally worth it, dontcha think?


Gray and yellow girl version coming up on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment